Alex here, and today I have a review of a powerful new diet and weight loss plan that has been making waves in the fitness industry — Metabolic Cooking.
As a personal trainer located in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia (Go Canucks, Go!) I hear about all sorts of crazy weight loss programs. From the truly outrageous to the latest fads (ahem — acai berry anyone?) I think I have pretty much heard it all. I started this blog to showcase some of the better and legitimate tools and guides for weight loss out there.
Today I sat down with my copy of Karine Losier’s Metabolic Cooking to give you guys a breakdown of what it is, a little bit about the creator of Metabolic Cooking, and whether or not it lives up to the promises it makes about being able to help men and women turn into fat burning machines.
WHAT IS METABOLIC COOKING?
Metabolic Cooking is a series of over 250 recipes that are designed specifically to melt fat, while also being ultra convenient to make and tasty.
It goes against the grain of most cookbooks which tend to emphasize margarine, sugars, and creamy salad dressings while also placing zero emphasis on the body’s metabolic rate (the rate your body burns calories).
WHO CREATED METABOLIC COOKING?
The force behind Metabolic Cooking is Karine Losier. Pictured to the right, she lost a ton of weight after learning the principles that she uses for the 250+ fat-melting recipes in Metabolic Cooking.
She teamed up with Dave Ruel to create this set of recipes (Ruel is the creator of Anabolic Cooking and a well-respected author and fitness consultant) after finding that most cookbooks out there are not optimized for fat burning whatsoever.
HOW DOES METABOLIC COOKING WORK?
- Included are over 250 recipes that are not only specifically designed to get your metabolism working at full throttle, but they are also convenient and flavorful.
- Metabolic Cooking outlines 10 essential principles to fat-burning eating. Most of these rules were familiar to me, but there were a couple new ones in here that made sense.
- Metabolic Cooking is a comprehensive set of meals. Just about every taste and meal is covered here; Breakfast, Smoothies, Vegetarian meals, snacks, sides, and more.
- Your meal plan is customized specifically to your particular needs.
- Not totally comfortable in the kitchen? Metabolic Cooking provides you with printable grocery lists, where to find quality ingredients, and for newbies a full cooking glossary.
- A full list of all the top foods to get you burning faster than you thought imaginable. Not only that, but you will learn precisely when and how to eat in order to be successful with your weight loss goals.
- Metabolic Cooking works just as well for men and women. The meals simply have to be scaled according to your body type.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH METABOLIC COOKING?
- 9-Cookbook Set. There are cookbooks for: Breakfast, Snacks, Sides, Smoothies, Red Meat, Chicken & Poultry, Pork, Fish & Seafood, as well as Vegetarian.
- Fat Loss Optimizer Guide. This is the nutritional guide to the program; what foods burn fat the most, how to use the custom Metabolic Nutri-Profile, grocery shopping tips, etc. Everything to put the recipes into action is covered here.
- Metabolic Cooking Salad Builder. Not all salads are created equal, and most of those so-called “healthy” dressings you see at the market are far from it.
- Thermo-Charged Seasoning Guide. Shows you how to quickly spice up your meals quickly and more importantly, doing so without sodium.
- Supplements Optimizer Guide. Most people are timid with supplements, and with good reason — most of them are garbage. There are a few diamonds in the rough, and they are outlined here. Also, the bad ones are noted so you know which ones to avoid.
- Metabolic Cooking Quick Sheets. This includes the shopping lists, daily food log, personal online shopping lists and more.
MY OVERALL RECOMMENDATION FOR METABOLIC COOKING: A+
This set of recipes are an excellent addition to any workout program. The recipes are convenient and quick, and most importantly, they adhere to many of the same dieting principles I use myself as well as the clients I work with at the gym.